Okay, so there are A LOT of single, Christian women out there. They’re out there waiting for the “the one” to show up. They’re waiting for the love of their life to sweep them off of their feet, marry them, and have children together.
That is what MOST women want. I know, there are women who say that they don’t “need” those things, but show me a woman who does have those things and ask her if she would want it any other way.
There are A LOT of single, Christian guys out there. But…where are they??? Surely, they must be hiding. Nope, they’re right in front of you. Unfortunately, most of the good ones will get overlooked immediately due to a lack of “game” or “confidence”. But don’t worry, those are the guys who will eventually WIN in the end. The others…well, they will win for a season. But they won’t pan out. They won’t make it. They won’t stand the test of time. They won’t be faithful. They won’t fulfill the vow “for better or for worse”.
Those are the ones to stay away from. Ladies, I believe that there are 5 qualities in a man that are VITAL to “happily after ever”. (And yes, happily ever after IS possible in this day.) These qualities are frequently overlooked because, after all, they just need to be a “strong Christian”. Whatever that means. Christian, yes. But a Christian who lacks character, well…not gonna be worth it.
The five things you can NOT compromise on:
- The man who avoids conflict/confrontation. -These are the guys who will run when things get tough. What they meant when they said their vows was “For better or….for better.”
- The man who avoids premarital counseling/refuses marriage counseling. -This is a serious sign that they are not teachable. They do not allow others to help them nor mentors to teach/correct them.
- The man who acts as a “yes man” to your parents. -This guy will win your family over. That will be easy for the both of you. The problem is, you will think that’s who they really are as well, until you see them in their own element/world. That’s when they show you who they really are. They need to be who they really are around your parents. When a man changes his tone about his beliefs and opinions to match your families’, BEWARE!
- The guy who talks ghetto. For example, calls you “woman” or tell you to “shut up” (even jokingly). This is the guy who will CHEAT or BEAT. A man will show you his maturity level and how much he will value you by the words he chooses to use. Don’t ever allow a man to demean you as a woman and talk down to you. It’s not funny.
- The man who never wants to discuss things “in the past”. -This is the guy who never did deal with his past. It will eventually affect your marriage. At some point. It could even be 30 years down the road. Those skeletons in the closet will come out and terrorize your marriage.
These are very dangerous signs. Red flags. Just because a guy is a “Christian”, doesn’t mean he has the CHARACTER and ENDURANCE to thrive in a marriage. Be wise. And for goodness sake, APPRECIATE the good guys who have been right there in front of your face this whole time.